We are now part of the WordPress community. You can add Visitor Analytics on your WordPress site directly from Plugins Market.
All you have to do is to go to your Wordpress Dashboard, click on the Plugins section and right near the Plugins title, hit the Add new button. Now you can browse through the plugins or search directly for visitoranalyticsio (easiest way), or even upload the plugin in .zip format, if you downloaded it before.
Get a better understanding of how to install the app, checking out the following video:
More than that, if you do not want to install the plugin, you can simply add a script (our tracking code) to the source code of your website, following these steps:
- Copy your Tracking code
- Log into your WordPress account
- Click "Plugins" button within the left sidebar
- Click “Add New” and search for “Header and Footer Scripts”
Make sure that you install it and activate it and then follow the next steps:
- Click on the "Settings" menu item
- Select “Header and Footer Scripts”
- Enter your Tracking code into the “Header” or “Footer” field and select “Save settings”
If you don't want to use a plugin that allows you to add scripts such as Header and Footer Scripts, or the plugin isn't working for you, you can still track your self-hosted WordPress site by adding the tracking code to your theme's footer.php file.
Open your theme's footer.php file in the WP editor, and paste in your tracking code right before the closing </body> tag.