All you have to do is to go to your Joomla Dashboard, click on the Extensions menu and select Manage, then hit the Install button. Now from the Install from Web tab, you can browse through the extensions or search directly for Visitor Analytics (easiest way), or even upload the plugin in .zip format, in Upload Package File tab, if you downloaded it before.
More than that, if you do not want to install the extension, you can simply add a script (our tracking code) to the source code of your website, following these steps:
- Copy your Tracking code
- Log into your Joomla account and select your project
- Go to “Control Panel” and select “Templates” from the left-side menu
- Click on “Templates” and select your Template
- Search for index.php file in the left column
6. Paste the Visitor Analytics tracking code into the text box, before the end of the body </body>
7. Hit “Save&Close” button.